We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public buses from Valletta to Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples.

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
362 posts
951 reviews
Save Topic
Public buses from Valletta to Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples.

Hi All,

In March (next month) we intend visiting the Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples from Valletta using public bus.

I see there are a couple options.

(i) Two buses: Bus X4, X5, X7 from Valletta to airport and then 201 from the airport to Hagar Qim.

(ii) Direct bus 71 from Valletta which, according to the winter timetable, terminates at Zurrieq terminus. According to Google maps this is about 3km from Hagar Qim. We love walking so this distance is no problem.

My query is whether, traffic wise, it is safe to walk this route? Are there footpaths or a pedestrian way along it?

If not, we may use option (i).

Thanks for your help.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Public buses from Valletta to Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples.

Unfortunately we don't know when the summer timetable will start as they have not announced it yet (I suspect that the result of the recent elections my have some effect as well !). However any changes will probably be in June rather than in May and I expect that the alterations will be fairly minor - at least from a tourist's point of view.

Phil-the-Bus

Karlsruhe, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Public buses from Valletta to Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples.

Today we took the 201 from the airport. We were 15 minutes early and were able to get in the bus. However, by the scheduled departure time, the bus was packed and people were turned down by the bus driver. On the return trip, we were not as lucky and the bus driver, after inviting us on the bus first, threw us out rudly a few meters behind the bus stop because we did not have a seat and he did not want to get fined.

Not wanting to wait another 60 minutes on the off chance to get a seat on the next bus we walked to the village. It is a beautiful walk with great views and only a small portion of it is without a sidewalk. Most of that can be walked on a flat small wall however.

13. Re: Public buses from Valletta to Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Valletta