We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Valletta and Sliema?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
12 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Valletta and Sliema?

Is there a good selection of shops in Valletta and Sliema? I have the perception that Valletta is best for "local" shopping and souvenirs, and that Sliema has more european shops, like Zara etc. Am I right?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,737 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Valletta and Sliema?

Sliema has a couple of shopping malls such as the new Tigne Point centre.and as you say lots of well known shops.

Valletta has some interesting local shops down the narrow backstreets.

The town of Hamrun ( near Valletta ) is popular with locals for shopping as it has a huge range of local shops.

Graham

Valletta,Malta
Level Contributor
242 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Valletta and Sliema?

what you will find in Sliema you will find in Valletta...but more preaded out on different streets then shopping complex...

For local Shops Hamrun & b`kara tend to cater more for local people then tourists meaning that you will find some cheaper stuff...

Malta
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Valletta and Sliema?

I reccomend Sliema, but you can do both becasue there is a boat that takes you from sliema to valletta in like 5-10 min ;)

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,283 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in Valletta and Sliema?

Till some years ago everyone used to go to Valletta for their shopping. Places like Hamrun had the reputation of having cheaper but less classy .

Nowadays Sliema has two complexes - The Point and The Plaza - and many of the international fashion shops (more than Valletta has). Valletta has more independent shops which are often cheaper than the foreign franchises .

Msida
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in Valletta and Sliema?

I prefer Sliema for my shopping. I always find everything I need there.

6. Re: Shopping in Valletta and Sliema?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Valletta