We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Valletta to Gozo

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
566 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Valletta to Gozo

Just wondering if I stayed in Valletta how long would a bus or taxi take to get to where the ferry goes to get to Gozo. Also once on Gozo could I hire a car to drive for the day

London
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How to get from Valletta to Gozo

Yes one of the old buses - which you won't see anymore, unless in a museum somewhere.

The new buses are blue and characterless.......& made in China. They do have air con, but so did the old buses, it was provided by jammed open windows, holes in the floor and of course, no doors.

Ntd

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
566 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How to get from Valletta to Gozo

Do you visit Malta often?

London
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How to get from Valletta to Gozo

Hi vicki

My trips to Malta only started in 2007 (although I did go previously in 2000 with my mother). I'm up to about 4 times a year now, but they're normally only 4 nighter long weekends really, except when I go with my brother, then we stay a little longer. Only 3 hours from the UK and flights cheaper than a train journey from say London to Manchester. You can also get accomodation per night for about the price of a few beers, but I'd still go even if it wasn't that cheap.

Ntd

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
566 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How to get from Valletta to Gozo

It is wonderful for travelling from the UK not like travelling from Australia - we are such a long way from anywhere.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How to get from Valletta to Gozo

No the ferry does not leave Valetta, the bus to Cirkawwa does.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
566 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How to get from Valletta to Gozo

That's what I thought though I may get back on trip advisor closer to leaving to see what is new as things change all the time.

17. Re: How to get from Valletta to Gozo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Valletta