We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring Malta Tour Company

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Touring Malta Tour Company

My parents and I used this company the day our cruise ship was stopped in Valletta in early April 2011. We opted for a driver-only tour but they do provide licensed tour guides as well. Our driver was extremely knowledgable himself and pleasant. It was significanlty less expensive than the ship excursions and we saw more, I highly recommend Touring Malta.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
593 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring Malta Tour Company

GREAT. But It would be a help if you could enlighten us all, to where he took you, how long for, and very important HOW MUCH.

Houston
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring Malta Tour Company

Oh of course, our tour itinerary included time in Valletta (he drove us to the Barrakka Garden and several other viewpoints, then dropped us off for some free time to explore St. John's Co-Cathedral and the surrounding area), the ancient city of Mdina/Rabat (we had lunch there), and a drive to the Blue Grotto (we had time there to take the small boat ride in/around the grotto). He drove us past the Dingli Cliffs on the way and pointed out many points of interest all day, he really was great. We had a little extra time so he took us to the fishing village, Marsaxlokk, which was a fantastic treat (and not included in our original itinerary)! The total cost for 3 of us was 180 Euros plus lunch/tip.

Their website is touringmalta.com, I especially encourage those stopping in Malta with a cruise to explore using this company as an alternative to the ship excursions, you have more flexibility and see more attractions!

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
593 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring Malta Tour Company

Thanks for that. BLINNENKOHI HOUSTON. We have been on many cruises, and yes they do tend to rip you off, when it comes to excursions ashore, some times its worth paying the extra for peace of mind. (in dangerous locations) - and in certain locations (eg the Artic) where helicopter rides need to be booked well in advance. For a start you are well looked after, and a ship will never leave dock without you, (if you go off piste it will) I have known this to happen with a huge funeral procession, in the Caribbean, they could do nothing about it, and the ship went without them, not funny no passports, and left with what they stood up in. On one occasion (it was here in Malta) the ship cruised out of the harbour before the captain realised that we did not have our most essential member of crew on board! the chef! - poor sole he was waiting by the quayside with his shopping bags (& a very red face!) - all passengers on deck cheering him jumping on board through the pilot’s ‘hole’ and then we were on our way again!! Many times we made our own way, when we thought the risk was low, and saved ourselves a lot of money, for the better. As it looks like you were in MALTA (a very safe Island) for a whole day, I would have recommended the hop on hop off open top double decker buses, not only would they have given you a better viewing point , a running commentary with headphones, for exactly the same tour as you got, for 15 euros each, 45 euros in all, with a free harbour cruise thrown in. Of course the ship won’t tell you that nor would the taxi firm. Check out MALTA SIGHTSEEING HOP ON HOP OFF BUSES, all right we have made the same mistakes on our travels, but in those days we didn’t have the internet or a fabulous site like Trip Advisor, to get information up front, may we wish you a happy EASTER and many more happy travel experiences, KNOWKATS.

4. Re: Touring Malta Tour Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 30, 2012