We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta Sightseeing Bus

Southfield, Michigan
Level Contributor
172 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Malta Sightseeing Bus

Will be in the port of Vallette on a cruise. Has anyone used hop on hop off sightseeing bus? If so where did you pick it up in reference to the port. If you have taken the hop on hop off sightseeing bus did you do the blue line, do you think we can do it in the time frame of 9:00am to 3pm? Thanks for any information.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta Sightseeing Bus

Hi John

Really depends on what you want to do. If you just sit on the bus the route takes about 3 hours so that doesn't really leave you much time to hop on and off and see much of Malta. Check out the following website about the tours

mymaltainfo.com/MaltaSightSeeing-Hop-On-Hop-…

I reckon you are better off pin pointing what you want to do and organise your own tour using a taxi driver - type taxi in the search box at the top and you will find plenty of recommendations. This will be cheaper if you are more than just a couple, or pool in with other ship passengers. There are organised tours that are not the expensive ship's tours. Check out the website www.cruisecritic.com - great for planning cruise itineraries - click on ports of call.

Otherwise you could just head into the captial city Valletta and you could easily spend most of your time there as there is plenty to see and do.

Southfield, Michigan
Level Contributor
172 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta Sightseeing Bus

Thanks for your quick response. I am a member of Cruise Critic but, sometimes I think I receive more informative information from Tripadvisor. I will take the information you gave us into advisement in making our decision. It is just my husband and me who will be touring. We have cruised four other times and usually they're operators that meet at the docks and you can pick up pretty good tours when you arrive. From what we understand this is not the case in the Med, taking this into consideration we are trying to nail down our tours now so that we will have everything in place when we arrive. We have found that independent tour operators seem to be less expensive and crowded than the ship operated tours.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta Sightseeing Bus

I wss told that although the usual trip is for three hours, when the cruise ship is in for a short stay (like the Norwegian Gem) the trip is reduced to two hours so that you will have time to visit Valletta. You can then just walk down to your ship. I would be wary of hopping off the bus as i don't know how frequent they are. They sell the tickets where your ship docks.

If you only have a very short time in Valletta, at least go to St Johns Cathedral and the Upper Barakka Gardens which overlook the Grand Harbour.

It's a lovely port so make sure you see the sail in. If you have a balcony, go on deck just the same as you need to see both sides at once to get the great atmosphere of the fortifications.

www.youtube.com/watch…

You will dock at the Valletta Waterfront - http://www.vallettawaterfront.com -

As Twirl said, many just head to Valletta and stroll along with a stop or two at a cafe.

Check out www.visitmalta.com - the official site with video clips under “views and downloads”. Also e-books and e-brochures and a good interactive map

maltatransport.com/en/…Taxis.pdf prices are per taxi

This is a company that organizes tours http://www.touringmalta.com/

Enjoy your cruise

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta Sightseeing Bus

I wss told that although the usual trip is for three hours, when the cruise ship is in for a short stay (like the Norwegian Gem) the trip is reduced to two hours so that you will have time to visit Valletta. You can then just walk down to your ship. I would be wary of hopping off the bus as i don't know how frequent they are. They sell the tickets where your ship docks.

If you only have a very short time in Valletta, at least go to St Johns Cathedral and the Upper Barakka Gardens which overlook the Grand Harbour.

It's a lovely port so make sure you see the sail in. If you have a balcony, go on deck just the same as you need to see both sides at once to get the great atmosphere of the fortifications.

www.youtube.com/watch…

You will dock at the Valletta Waterfront - http://www.vallettawaterfront.com -

As Twirl said, many just head to Valletta and stroll along with a stop or two at a cafe.

Check out www.visitmalta.com - the official site with video clips under “views and downloads”. Also e-books and e-brochures and a good interactive map

maltatransport.com/en/…Taxis.pdf prices are per taxi

This is a company that organizes tours http://www.touringmalta.com/

Enjoy your cruise

5. Re: Malta Sightseeing Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, October 31, 2009