We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach from Valetta?

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Beach from Valetta?

Hi, like many of the other poster's, we are stopping off in Valetta as part of a cruise. The children are

mad on beaches, swimming and snorkeling. Is it possible/advisable to get on a bus from Valetta to a beach, or it is not advisable in the short day that we have. If it is pos, which beach would you advise?

Thanks for any advise!

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach from Valetta?

Once you have very young children - the Surf Side is good as there are small pools cut in the rocks which are ideal for children. There is also a very shallow pool .

Contact us again in May and we'll be able to give you more details as to the amenities available.

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach from Valetta?

Thank you so much!

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach from Valetta?

Hi Hat,

You suggested that I contact you in May, so here I am!

2 weeks to go!

I believe we need to get the number 60 bus from Valetta to Sliema in order to go to Surf Side - am I correct? If so, is it easy to find once we get off the bus?

Thanks,

Amanda

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Beach from Valetta?

No, not the number 60, that one goes to Sliema but not via the seafront. Hat will give you the exact number as I think numbers have changed since I used to use them, used to be 62

Enjoy your cruise

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Beach from Valetta?

Yes the number 62 is the right one. You have to stop at a place pronounced Font Ahdeer - about 20 min from Valletta. Do you intend getting snorkles with you ?

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Beach from Valetta?

Yes, we'll have our snorkels with us.

Thanks for telling me it's the number 62, and which stop - fabulous!

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Beach from Valetta?

Ask a local on the bus to point out the surfside stop to you. It's near the ice-cream parlour called Lungomare and near the New Tower Palace Hotel - few landmarks for you. Enjoy

18. Re: Beach from Valetta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, November 07, 2009