We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valleta

CA
14 posts
Save Topic
Valleta

I will be going to Valleta for one day on a cruise ship and would like to see as much as possible. Can anyone suggest?

Also, I am a big fan of water so the blue grotto sounds really fun...would it be possible to enjoy duruing late November? Will it be warm enough?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valleta

This subject has already been discussed , copy and paste on your browser

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190311-i348-k2158…

The Blue Grotto is beautiful , but not in November.

But again , it depends on the weather.

You may not have enough time to manage a visit to Valletta and going to the Blue Grotto, with the limited time a cruise offers.

Plan a Scuba diving holiday and visit the Blue Lagoon, the sunken ships off Malta and the Blue Grotto . Best time of the year , for a deal , is the begining or the end of summer.

Lots of links given on other blogs

enjoy your cruise :-)

CA
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Valleta

thank you...very helpful

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valleta

With the limited amount of time that you have I would just stick to Valletta - there is plenty to do and see there.

By November it is too cold to swim, you could take a boat trip into the Blue Grotto but this will depend on the weather and take up quite a bit of time getting to and from the Blue Grotto.

Check out other forum posts on this subject

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valleta

Fully agree, stick with Valletta - no way you could get bored in such a short time:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190328-i1499-k188…

Valletta is a charming place, hope you'll enjoy it!

Best regards,

P_M

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valleta

i doubt therl be boat trips which would take to the blue grotto ( the best way to see it)

as the others said, just stick to valletta.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Valleta

Agree with all the above who say stick to Valletta as there is so much to see there, but on the point of the blue grotto boat trips they do run well into November weather permitting.

It can be several days when there is nothing, then they run for days on the trot, which is fine if you are staying for a week or more. We take rides every year during November.

Regards Trisha

wigan
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valleta

like the others have said you probably will not have time to visit the blue grotto. valletta is nice but some of the streets are very steep so be prepared.

i hope you enjoy your trip. is it a med cruise you are going on.. lucky you.

St.Julians
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Valleta

hello,

did you already go to the cruise trip?

how was your day then in Valletta? What exactly did you do?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Valleta

whats valletta like of a night i have heard its "dead" is it? also whens the last bus to buggiba/qawra/st pauls?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Valleta

Wadey - Valletta is pretty quiet at night, not many people about, few bars and restaurants. The area around the waterfront is a bit more busy as there are restaurants there.

For bus timetables check out www.atp.com.mt