We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good budget hotel.

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
good budget hotel.

Hi stayed at the Carlton hotel in October, was quite happy with it and loved the location, plan to visit again in late February , am looking at marina hotel in sliema, mixed reviews. Can anyone recommend a similar priced hotel in sliema. Liked the Carlton but fancy a change..thank you.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good budget hotel.

Have a look on Booking.Com you might get a good deal then come back on for reviews on the hotels you choose.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good budget hotel.

Try Plevna Hotel, closely located to the one you mentioned. Fairly priced, nice staff and decent breakfast.

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good budget hotel.

Ah thank you, I will have a look at that one, so far can only find marina and Carlton in my budget...ta will keep looking.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good budget hotel.

Try using the www.hotelscombined.com website - I tend to find that it is usually a good pointer to where to find the best prices for each hotel and the room availability.

P-t-B

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good budget hotel.

Hi looking at the Marina hotel or Aquis rocca hotel in sliema, very few reviews on Aquis, has anybody stayed here? Can,t decide which of these two??? Appreciate any help. Thanks

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good budget hotel.

Rocca is fantastic. We stayed last Feb. Rooms big and very good quality. Bar and restaurant big, clean and friendly. Good food in the restaurant as well. Good location just 2 mins walk to the front and 2 mins to the point shopping complex. We are looking at staying again next Feb but can't decide between here and the palace hotel.

There is also a roof top pool.

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good budget hotel.

ooh thank you.. the Rocco it is.. excited now. feb for us too. wonder what weather will be like??

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good budget hotel.

Last year the weather was glorious. Over 20 deg most days then dropped cooler out of the sun or at night. It was t shirt weather for us lol. It can vary though but you can be sure of one thing.... It will be warmer and sunnier than Ireland B-)

London
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good budget hotel.

Hi bobster

I'm just back after 5 nights in the Plaza, gets some poor reviews but I think its 3 stars are probably correct & for a tenner a night, with breakfast, I wasn't complaining.

The weather last week was mostly sunny (warm sunshine) & about 18C, definitely T shirt & shorts for me with fleece for after dark. The locals on the other hand were all walking about as if it were Siberia, thick coats, scarves, gloves, the full works, the bus drivers had the heaters on too, when I would have liked the air con blasting out.

Best Christmas decorations, definitely St Julian's Band Club & worthy of a mention Donald's efforts in the Sun in Splendour. The island was looking lovely and green after heavy rain in Nov. Back over in late January with brother & sister in law & expecting good warm weather, Cavalieri this time for a whopping £17 a night b&b. Still no bendie buses back on the roads.

cheers

Ntd

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good budget hotel.

How you doin ntd

Half of my lot stayed in the plaza in 09 and apart from the 2 single lads who had pokey box rooms without windows lol everyone dropped lucky with the studio apartments on the top floors.

You just can't grumble for that price though.

We are back over 18th Feb for a week. 5 of us.

We dropped lucky on flights from east midlands with monarch for £365 for us all. First time for ages we havn't had to travel to Luton :-)

We havn't booked a hotel yet though. Just waiting til after Xmas to see if prices drop slightly.

Looking at sliema again though.

One of our problems now with travelling is we get fined for taking the young un out of school during term time which has reigned us in a hell of a lot.