We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

I have been looking at an apartment rental in the Fort Cambridge complex and wanted to know how close it it to Sliema centre,shops,bars, restaurants etc? The details say its within walking distance but then also says car hire is recommended so Im a bit confused! I dont want to hire a car whilst on holiday and am happy to walk to places but just want some idea of the distance. Any info/advice would be welcome.Thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,179 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

It`s not far to walk to the shops and centre of Sliema with it`s many cafes , bars and seafront.

I would imagine that a motorcar is recomended for travelling to other parts of the island.

Graham

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

Thanks Graham, what sort of time would you estimate it would take to walk from Fort Cambridge into Sliema?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,179 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

Fort Cambridge is in the Tigne area of Sliema so there will be shops within just a few minutes walk.

The Ferries area is about 10 minute walk depending on how quickly you walk.

The new Centre Shopping is again just a few minutes away.

You are in a good position to get around Sliema and only a lovely short ( 30 min ) stroll to St Julians with it`s great choice of restaurants and bars.

In Sliema , opposite the ferries there are many shops including M&S and BHS.

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,179 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

The new shopping centre is called the Point shopping centre and is very close to Fort Cambridge.

Graham

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

Thanks Graham, your advise has really helped me!

manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

Hi, we're also looking at booking an apartment in fort Cambridge for or holiday next year. Thing is I have only found one and friends of Ours are planning on coming too. Can I ask which apartment you are looking at please?

Edited: 3:02 am, September 21, 2013
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

Fort Cambridge are premium apartments and very central to all Sliema offers, even Valletta with the bus etc. Car Hire would only be needed if venturing to other areas of the island. It's always good to hire for a day or two, even taking in Gozo for a day :0)

Thurso, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

The location is ideal for shops and restraunts and the appartments are first class. Personnally I would not consider hiring a car for the following reasons. Firstly, the shops and restraunts start at literally 100 yards away and continue for miles. Secondly, the streets are very narrow and there are a lot of one way streets which make navigating around difficult. Thirdly, if you did hire a car and arrived at your desired destination then the next problem would be parking as most of the towns in Malta are heavily congested. Although 300 parking spaces are available at Fort Cambridge, parking is charged at 10 Euros per day. The only other factor to consider regarding Fort Cambridge is that there is a potential for the site adjacent to become a construction area. This is against the Maltese law in the summer months but there have been breeches by the building developers and the authorities seem powerless to prevent this happening again.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,179 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

DonaldM

This question was asked nearly a year ago ,

I would imagine the OP has been and gone.

Graham

staffordshire...
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is anyone familiar with Fort Cambridge area?

I have just returned from a holiday in the Fort Cambridge apartment. It is only a few minutes walk to shops and bars and the fort Cambridge apartments are very luxurious. However, Beware!There is still extensive building works going on. The noise from the balcony was so intrusive that we were unable to use it. Earth movers and JCBs are working right up to the swimming pool together with pneumatic drills. When I posted a review with photographs, the owners removed and re-listed the apartment in order to bury the review. Beware of apartments with few reviews.