We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free eating in Sliema

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free eating in Sliema

Hi

looking for reasonablly priced gluten free restaurants near Rocca Nettuno Suites in Sliemo

Mentioned in this post
LABRANDA Rocca Nettuno Suites
LABRANDA Rocca Nettuno...
625 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free eating in Sliema

Start your search - for the good food guide to Malta www.restaurantsmalta.com

I found over 30 listed which do gluten free/coeliac options. You can then search these for more info

I don't know of a coeliac resturant immediately near the Rocco, are you on B & B here or self catering? If the latter, there is a supermarket not too far called Tower which I know does gluten free.

Another option - call in to Tonys Bar on the Strand (the larger one next to BHS) and ask for Adrian, see if he can do you gluten free meals. Tell him that Sean sent you! He will surely point you in the right direction.

Mentioned in this post
Tony's Bar
Tony's Bar
485 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free eating in Sliema

Thanks for your prompt reply I am self catering and will hope to find local supermarket to purchase gluten free food

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free eating in Sliema

Nearest that I know of - Tower Stores.

Come out of the Rocco, turn left. At the end of your street just cross over and slightly to the right, go down a little street opposite(Triq Markiz Zimmermannn Barbaro) about 50 metres, down the steps (alongside Pizza Hut) then turn right and slightly uphill about 100 metres to junction, you will see Tower ahead and to your left, just cross over to the fountain and a few metres and you are there. It is the most direct route and avoids going up and down too many hills! I know, because I live opposite the Rocco when I am in Malta! There is a VERY small grocers to the left at the end of the street, but I doubt he will have gluten free. To the RIGHT and just round the corner is a post office which also does botttled water at a good rate, and not too far to carry it. Pm me if you want any detailed info.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten Free eating in Sliema

Again many thanks for you help Sean Much appreciated

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten Free eating in Sliema

Thanks for info much appreciated

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten Free eating in Sliema

I don't know how appropriate it is , but a friend buys some gluten free pasta and when they go to a restaurant asks for it to be cooked for her. She also keeps some gluten free bread with her.

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gluten Free eating in Sliema

Hi many thanks for this info

8. Re: Gluten Free eating in Sliema

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations