We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 Dec - 1 Jan 2013

Europe
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
15 Dec - 1 Jan 2013

Happily, I have committed to spending the build-up to Christmas and the New Year in Malta. Single female. Planning on staying at Rocco Nettuna Suites - any advice?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,207 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 Dec - 1 Jan 2013

I have travelled to Malta for both Christmas and New Year for the last fourteen years.

The build up to Christmas is lovely. For a few days before Valletta will be buzzing , full of shoppers , carols playing from speakers and there are often bands and performances.

Christmas eve is always extremely busy with families going out and restaurants packed.. If you intend to eat out you should book up early.

Christmas day is quieter as it`s considered a family day.

Once Christmas is over , unlike Britain , it doesn`t drag on for a long time.

New Years eve is very lively but it doesn`t sound as if you are going to still be there.

The weather over this period can vary . Last year wasn`t so good but most pre4vious ones have had some nice sunshine mid-day but turning cooler in the afternoon.

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 Dec - 1 Jan 2013

If you are self catering don't forget to stock up with things to eat and drink for xmas day, especially a couple of bottles of something strong and flavoursome, could you imagine going through the misery of a boring xmas day without a couple of large drinkies to keep you sane ?, personally speaking I hate xmas but I think you have made a wise choice spending it in Malta instead of the miserable uk I hope you have a lovely time and please ask if you need further help..

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 Dec - 1 Jan 2013

Siggiewi we have friends who spend xmas and new year in Malta every year. They love it. We spend it in the UK building snowmen and having a lovely time. You should come over and see just how jolly a UK xmas can be. You may find it's not that miserable after all!

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 Dec - 1 Jan 2013

Hi Vince it's much to dark for my liking in December I enjoy a bit of sunshine, it's not just the weather though I hate that time of year for, the whole ghastly thing has got out of hand and far to commercial for my liking, plus the older I get the more nostalgic I get for loved ones long passed and it makes me feel very melancholy at times, unfortunately my dear father-in-law passed away in January having been ill all through last xmas and my dear wife is dreading that time of year for similar reasons, no thanks xmas is not for me I hate it now and have finished with it for good apart from the religious aspect of course.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 15 Dec - 1 Jan 2013

It's sad to hear that Siggiewi but I agree it is far too commercial. Best wishes to your and your wife for this xmas

6. Re: 15 Dec - 1 Jan 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations