We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tap water

Hemel Hempstead...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tap water

Is the tap water safe to drink or is it advisable to use bottled in Malta regards Mick

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
744 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: tap water

Hi Magpiestravel,

After UK tap water, Maltese tap water has, in my opinion, a disgusting taste, and being a resident of Malta I wouldn't dream of drinking it. I will admit that once you have boiled it, the water is safe for tea and coffee, but why take the chance of a tummy upset on your holiday when bottled water is so cheap. You will get some people say that they have drunk it with no side effects, but I can quote just as many people who say they suffered just for trying it. Maltese natural water has minerals added to it to make it safe to drink, but mostly for Maltese. When water stocks are low, they still pump sea water and refine it as drinking water and even the Maltese know the difference. So my advice is buy bottled water, it's best to be safe than sorry, because once you get the two-bob-bits, you've got it for a few days.

Have a bug free holiday.

22. Re: tap water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations