We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now am anxious about the Bayview Hotel

United States
Level Contributor
38 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Now am anxious about the Bayview Hotel

Wed Jan 11, 2012

I got a great bargain-priced Single, half-board, 7 day stay at the Bayview Hotel, Sliema, in February. I jumped at it. Now, as usual, in spending more time reading the reviews, I am getting a bit anxious. We stayed at the New Tower Palace back in 2005, and my review excoriated it, deservedly -- as I see current reviews are still devastating. Last January, I stayed at Plevna Hotel, and found it more than satisfactory.

What are your most recent experiences with the Bayview?

1. Does it face the Strand -- where all the cruise boats are tied up? Or the other waterfront, where if you walked far enough, you come to St Julians?

2. Does it have coffee-tea kit in the rooms?

3. I have not ridden the buses since 2005; are they user-friendly? Need exact change?

Very grateful for your assistance.

A bargain-traveller

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Now am anxious about the Bayview Hotel

Bayview is on the Strand part of Sliema. I have heard, though do not know for sure, that there are two parts to it, one of which is NOT on the front. Buses now all Arriva, modern, service has mixed reviews. For tourists fare is e2.20 (valid 2 hours) or e2.60 all day (as many trips as you want ) or e12.00 for a 7 day ticket.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now am anxious about the Bayview Hotel

Just to expand on Sean's reply...

- The Strand is the waterfront where the boats are tied up;

- The reviews suggest that if you have booked a hotel room, it will be in the main hotel building, but if you booked an appartment it will be in the backstreets.

- The bus drivers do give change but there should also be a ticket machine near the main Sliema ferries bus stop if that is easier.

It appears that as long as you don't eat the food, the hotel is fine !

Phil-the-Bus

3. Re: Now am anxious about the Bayview Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, March 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sliema