We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Gozo

Dublin
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Gozo

Good Afternoon,

Myself and my girlfriend are visiting Malta on the 28th June and spending the first 3 days at the Grand Hotel in Gozo before spending a week in Sliema.

Can anyone recommend the best way to get to the ferryport from the airport? Is it easier to get the hotel to book it for us or just to get our own taxi? We land early enough in the day so if there is a bus that goes to ferryport I wouldn't mind getting that to see the island. (cost is not a problem and not in a rush).

Also any recommendations for nice cafes (for lunch) or Restaurants (for dinner) would be much appreciated and also nightlife (I believe Paceville is worth a look).

Sorry so many questions but very excited as we are hoping to get married here next year, so nice places to get hitched also a big bonus.

Thanks in advance.

Russell

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Gozo

Would suggest pre-booking a transfer to Gozo, as luggage on the bus could be a problem. If you are not pre-booking then make sure that you take a taxi from the booth in the airport, there you pre-pay the fare and that way you will not be ripped off. You are given a ticket to hand to the driver and all is needed is a tip.

You are talking about staying in Sliema and going to Paceville for night life, I cannot guide you on night life as I am too old. However nearby is St Julian’s with plenty of restaurants, I have found the following good:-

Barracuda, 194 Main Street, Saint Julian’s, 21331817

www.wgc-group.com/barracuda

Underneath the Barracuda is Piccolo Padre, 195 Main Street, Saint Julian’s, 21344875

www.piccolopadre.com

Paparazzi Restaurant 2137 4966 159, St. Georges Road, Paceville

www.starwebmalta.com/profile.asp?id=PAP001

Hard Rock Café 23722253-7

Level 2, Bay Street Hotel Complex, St. George’s Bay, St Julians

www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx…

Edited: 6:51 am, June 17, 2011
2. Re: Travelling to Gozo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 03, 2012