We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best Resturants in Malta?

Which Sliema hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
9 posts
Save Topic
What are the best Resturants in Malta?

Hi all.

Just need to find out where some of the best , cleanest, good value for money resturants in Malta are.Anyone got any ideas??

Im really very fussy about where I eat out. Basically wnen I say fussy I mean I just like to know that where Im eating is clean and hygenic, for peace of mind.

Thanx all.

k

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

Only one where I've been into the kitchen is the Overflow at Qawra. Lovely food and I think it's good value. Not cheap but not over expensive.

Malta
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

Well, you shouldnt catch a bug in Malta, it's not known for that, however there might be a place or two to stay away from, as anywhere else. Just go where everyone goes.

The Avenue in St. Julians - Excellent value

Paparazzi in St. Julians - good value

Mamma Mia in Ta' Xbiex - good value

Tex Mex in Sliema - moredate value

Joey Tomatoes in Portomaso, St. Julians - OK prices, nice location

China House in St. Julians (Paceville)- not expensive not cheap

For a quick bite, try TGI Fridays (Sliema), Pizza Hut, Mc Donalds, Burger King, Henry J Beans - all in St. Julians - all cheap to excellent value

I'm thinking....

Bugibba: Go to Mirabelle off Bugibba square - good value

Cafe Jubilee in Valletta, Sliema and Gzira - good value

Marsaxlokk: Carrubia Restaurant - excellent value

Mdina: '1565' at the Xara Palace Hotel, or just outside Mdina is Il-Veduta (The View)- popular pizzeria with a view. - good value

I know more places but these are quality at value for money.

Malta
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

OK, how about a winebar instead of a restaurant?

Winebars = renovated farmhouse/townhouse/old cellar, plenty of charm, chic, trendy, very 'in' at the moment. Serve nibbles/maltese tapas, and wine, sometimes food.

Not cheap cheap, but needn't be expensive and is an experience. Do as the locals do. Not many tourists frequent these places as they are out of the way (that's their charm).

Angolo Di Vino - tiny, tiny, tiny place, excellent value for money. Located in Birgu, not very well known.

Wine Vaults - Valletta (Under the Malta Stock Exchange)

In Balzan, a place called Fra Giuseppe www.fragiuseppe.com - you can book, and arrive on location earlier and explore the three villages of Attard, Lija and Balzan, search the parish curches and go to San Anton Gardens. Then finish off with some wine.

Mdina - Don Mesquite in Mesquita Street.

Dress smart casual, bookings recommended. Will set you back 15-20 euro circa if you select the cheaper wines but is worth the visit. Angolo di Vino is a little less expensive.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

Check out planetmona.com. (just click on restaurants)

She reviews restaurants in local papers and writes amusing articles.

Nowadays, I`ve never heard of any restaurant having any trouble hygenic wise so you needn`t worry.

The larger hotels all have buffets which are good value particularly for Sunday lunch.

Where are you staying ?

edinburgh
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

Thanks everyone much appriciated. I will be staying in Mellieha at the Luna Appts.

So Ill deffo check out some of these places. Thanx again. :)

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

The Overflow at Qawra WAS the best but be careful it now seems to be under new management. Our last meal there in April 2008 was very disappointing. Donna & Charlie Galea seem to have moved on - if anyone knows where, please advise because they were the best.

Malta
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

Tarragon in St Pauls Bay

Venus in Bugibba

r the best 2 restaurants for fine dining or a romantic eve

Rome, Italy
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

La maltija resturant in paceville is the best on the island in traditional maltese food , the chef charles spiteri is award winning and worked for ex primister of the uk margarite tatcher , also worked for arsenal fc uk and in the priministers palace in malta , definatly a wonderful experiance over there , allways excellent evrytime i go , also i hear the owner/chef is opening a resturant in gharghur in december maltese food but much cheaper try it out ;)

Rome, Italy
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

La maltija resturant in paceville is the best on the island in traditional maltese food , the chef charles spiteri is award winning and worked for ex primister of the uk margarite tatcher , also worked for arsenal fc uk and in the priministers palace in malta , definatly a wonderful experiance over there , allways excellent evrytime i go , also i hear the owner/chef is opening a resturant in gharghur in december maltese food but much cheaper try it out ;)

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the best Resturants in Malta?

There were many more replies to the question `Best 10 Restaurants in Gozo` - maybe it`s a case of being spoilt for choice in Malta.

For example, we enjoy the pizza at il-Luzzu at Qawra and also fancy the platters. We also enjoy the drive getting there. As it`s big there is never a problem finding a table during weekdays.

However, it`s not really possible to say it`s the best restaurant in Malta.

Get answers to your questions about Sliema