We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis to Sliema from airport

North Shields...
Level Contributor
6 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
taxis to Sliema from airport

Does anyone know how much is the fare to Sliema from the airport by taxi ?

Thanks

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

it wont be as much as 10ml because thats what i pay all the way to the gozo ferry the end of the island. i would say about 6ml would be correct. dont pay any mopre than 10ml you will be robbed if you do. .

Malta
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

It will be aboyt 12 GBP

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

I believe we usually pay £M8

uk
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

Hi

I normaly pay Lm8 from airport to sliema, normaly stay along tower rd end, taxi company I always use are called Franklin Garage there web address is www.franklincabs.com, email is info@franklincabs.com and tel is from the UK 00356 2143 6538

Have felt safe with them as couple times gone out to malta on my own and have had female driver as well which is reasuring

Hope this helps

Lou

Wales
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

I have just returned from Malta last Sunday, I have been going to Malta for the last 5 years and have always used Franklin Cabs, brilliant service kind and polite, the fare was L8.00 from Sliema to the Airport ,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
278 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

Inside Luqa Arrivals is a Taxi booth which has prices displayed but they add on a "charge"...I found the last(and ONLY) time I used them to be poor value and the taxi stank of Diesel!!!

nb..it was about 1.30am arrival and my lift stood me up!

I suggest you look up Franklin or some other supplier....I have heard that a company in St Julians called Wembley has a good reputation,but I am sure Franklins website should help

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

Was in Malta in June this year, taxi from airport to Sliema (Tower Rd) was about 8Mlira. While in malta we used - Wembley Garage Car service (356) 2135 2074 we found them to be reliable & prompt and always on time, but always ask beforehand "how much it will cost" first, do not get the "white taxis" from Valletta they charge more. also check out the Maltese Tourist Authority website sorry cant recall exactly the name of website

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

Forgot to ask, where are you staying in Sliema - harbour front or seaside (Tower Rd)

9. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, July 31, 2009
malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxis to Sliema from airport

The site of Wembley is www.wembleys.com.

Have a look at these sites =

www.whitetaxilicensed-malta.com

http://www.maltatransfer.com/

You will be scheduled to travel with other passengers arriving on flights at a similar time to your own. As soon as all these passengers have arrived you will be transported directly to your destination. If you have booked a Scheduled Shared Transfer, the vehicle will leave at the time stated on your Transport Voucher.

www.maltaairporttransfers.com

Book transfers from the Malta International Airport to and from any location in Malta or Gozo. Transfers are available in private or shared chauffeur driven vehicles, mini vans and coaches.

www.transfersmalta.com/…

In this service the customer pays for a seat in a vehicle that will be shared with others travelling to the same destination or to various destinations on the same route for only 6 euros (12 euros with return). The company will guarantee that the customer will have no more than 20 minutes wait from the time s/he meets our airport staff to the shuttle leaving the airport.

Transfer in a private Taxi which accomodates up to 4 passengers plus luggage from Malta International Airport to Any Hotel in Malta for only 16 euros (32 euros with return)

Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations