We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which bus(es) from Valletta to Mdina?

Which Mdina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which bus(es) from Valletta to Mdina?

Which bus or buses can I take from Valletta to Mdina? Also how often are they on a Saturday in June? One last question is how long is the ride?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which bus(es) from Valletta to Mdina?

You can check the numbers from the Arriva site but I think it is 51 , 52 and 53 which are going to Rabat Dingli and Mtarfa , but all pass thru Rabat hill which is near Mdina.

The ride should take about 30 to 40 minutes for about 9 miles, depending on time and traffic stops .

Sorry about the numbers but I have not got used to the new numbering system , the old numbers where 80 and 81 :-)

http://www.arriva.com.mt/mainline-bus-routes

Welcome to Malta

Edited: 6:14 pm, March 12, 2012
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which bus(es) from Valletta to Mdina?

www.arriva.com.mt/RouteResultsPage…

36 minutes according to the Arriva site !

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which bus(es) from Valletta to Mdina?

You are probably aware of the one day ticket (e2.60) and one week (e12.00) now available, both very good value since they allow for unlimited buses anywhere on the island (Gozo needs a separate ticket).

Get a good guide book (I think Cadogan guide to Malta is one of the best) as opposed to a touristy one and you will also be able to find information about the "ordinary" places you pass through, such as Hamrun, etc.

Raalte, The...
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which bus(es) from Valletta to Mdina?

Hi,

I was there in january and I took bus 52. I think it's correct that bus 51, 52 and 53 are going to Mdina.

I took bus 52 because of the fact that I combined the trip to Mdina with a fantastic trip to the Dingli cliffs.

Therefore you have to take bus 52 to the last stop and walk for one kilometre.

Mdina is also great to visit, but when you have time I suggest to combine the day trip with the Dingli cliffs.

At Valletta busstation are several information desks with very helpful personal, so just ask and you will get all the information you need.

Best regards and have fun,

Ton

Reply to: which bus(es) from Valletta to Mdina?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mdina