We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cafe near Hypogeum

manchester england
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
cafe near Hypogeum

We have obtained tickets to visit the Hypogeum during our visit to Malta in April. can anyone recommend a good cafe to have lunch nearby or in Paola .Thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,737 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cafe near Hypogeum

I really can`t think of a cafe in Paola where you can get a meal.

Plenty of places for snacks.

There is a labour club and a football club for a drink and a sandwich. In the centre of the square is a cafe cabin that does excellent filled rolls , pastries and pizza slices.

I will come back if I think of anything else.

Graham

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cafe near Hypogeum

Graham is correct, no restaurants in Paola for a decent lunch that I can think of - why not drive through Paola and lunch at one of the restaurants on the Vittoriosa waterfront, plenty of choice there - will also give you an opportunity to look around the area of the three cities.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,737 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cafe near Hypogeum

Shembo has had a great idea.

Lovely place to spend some time.

Graham

manchester england
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cafe near Hypogeum

Thank you for your help. however we will be using the bus, not driving, as we are staying near the bus station and hope to use the new(ish) ferry to visit the three cities on another day.

5. Re: cafe near Hypogeum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 07, 2014