We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hooneymoon

italy
1 post
Save Topic
Hooneymoon

I'm planning to spend my hooneymoon in MALTA. Does anyone have any proposals, recomendations, things to do, where to go?

Malta
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hooneymoon

i personally think that Malta is an ideal destination for a honeymoon. Its a small and unique island which together with Gozo immediately gives you a sense of belonging. There are many hotels to choose from and these vary according to your budget. I suggest that you start by reseraching the islands in depth. Check out www.chooseMalta.com and visitmalta.com. These two sites should give you enough background as what is available. I would also suggest that you spend some days in malta and combine some days in Gozo where you shoudl also rent a car and explore the smaller island.

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hooneymoon

I think you should go to Mdina during the evening. It is a unique set up and it is so so romatic during the evening. Don't take me wrong, it is as well very romantic during the day but it will be a bit more crowdy. In Mdina, you will find some nice restaurants like the Bacchus or the De Mondion restaurant which is in the Xara palace.

Another beautiful spot is a sunset on Dingli Cliffs, which is the highest point of the Maltese islands ( 247 meters or something like that).

I like as well the 3 Cities but especially Vittoriosa. This city was the first place where the St John's knights were. So you have a lot of beautiful old buildings. You can enjoy a glas of wine in one of the bar there called Del Borgo.

There is as well Valleta during the evenings. It is pretty much desert as soon as the evening comes.

Of course you have Gozo, the sister island of Malta which is so more peaceful and greener. It is a very nice place to spend a day or even 2 days there if you can. You can rent a farmhouse for the weekend.

3. Re: Hooneymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta