We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50th birthday - where to stay

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
50th birthday - where to stay

I am considering spending my 50th in Malta in March. Looking for a classy hotel with indoor pool in a romantic spot / hotel where I can feel pampered for a week. Any suggestions welcome as we have never been before.

london
Level Contributor
416 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50th birthday - where to stay

for me id choose a hotel in sliema, why>because the town has a good choice of reastaurants and bars and its also a local town in its own right and not just a tourist resort. as for which hotel the fortina spa ticks all your boxes with the highlight being the views across to the capital valletta which is lit up in the evening as well as being in the centre of a long prominade which circumnavigates the town and good local bus connections to the rest of the island

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50th birthday - where to stay

The Hilton at St Julians every time for me - can't go wrong.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50th birthday - where to stay

LE Meridian in St Julians or any of the 5star hotels most have indoor and outdoor pools with Spas look up Booking.Com

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50th birthday - where to stay

Westin, Hilton or Le Meridien if wanting slightly cheaper.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50th birthday - where to stay

For complete isolation, remotness, peace and an great sea view try the Radisson in Golden Bay!!!

Cheers

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50th birthday - where to stay

The Kempinski on neighbouring Gozo is also a good choice for a pampering opportunity :)

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50th birthday - where to stay

The Palace in Sliema has an infinity pool, spas, great views from rooftop at night. We had a room on the 5th floor with a balcony to the side.

8. Re: 50th birthday - where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, December 17, 2013