We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

I want to go to Malta for Christmas- but don't want to stay where there are lots of tourists/pissed Brits. I want to relax- sun and sea, but also a bit of culture and good restaurants?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

St Julians any of the five star hotels should be just about right but saying that dont think I have come across many pissed Brits some very nice ones like Graham also a de for Malta. You will find lots of good restaurants great food and wonderful people so just go and enjoy yourself.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,200 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

I suggest St. Julians & Sliema as they are the most cosmopolitan.

london
Level Contributor
414 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

i would also back sliema for its a working town with good choices for restaurants and close to the capital with good transport links

Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

Valletta is full of culture the Osborn is a nice hotel to stay in st Julian is mosty bar clubs ect you also have the waterfront in Valletta great at night no drunks nice & pleasant by the way I'm here I'm Malta now weather not been that great a bit cold of night time so bring a coat if you come over

Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

Valletta is full of culture the Osborn is a nice hotel to stay in st Julian is mosty bar clubs ect you also have the waterfront in Valletta great at night no drunks nice & pleasant by the way I'm here I'm Malta now weather not been that great a bit cold of night time so bring a coat if you come over

Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

Valletta is full of culture the Osborn is a nice hotel to stay in st Julian is mosty bar clubs ect you also have the waterfront in Valletta great at night no drunks nice & pleasant by the way I'm here I'm Malta now weather not been that great a bit cold of night time so bring a coat if you come over no sea in Valletta but this time of year you will not be sunbathing in Malta

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

Hi Bobbygreen201

Soon get three posts up eh!

8. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Malta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta