We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta Hotels by the beach

NYC
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malta Hotels by the beach

I know that there are not too many great beaches in malta. But I want to stay next to the beach where I can swim and relax under a large umbrella after that. At the same time, I want to have nightlife/places to go to in the evening. Can someone recommend a hotel which is close to a good swimming beach and not far away from "it all"?

Taunton
Level Contributor
253 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta Hotels by the beach

Mrspice

Malta is not really a great place for beaches. There are a couple of small beaches on the island at Melliha and Bugibba.

The best (and only) really large beach is at Golden Bay in the North of the Island and this is not really near anywhere touristy - the nearest town is Mgarr - a small local community in a farming area.

They are though currently building a new de luxe hotel at Golden Bay that will apparently have a private beach.

check out www.islandhotels.com

belgium
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta Hotels by the beach

there r plenty of beaches in malta .. golden bay, gjhajn tuffieha, gnejna bay, paradise bay, ghadira, armier and little armier, pretty bay, ...

all nice and well kept beaches where u can easily go snorkling ..

Taunton
Level Contributor
253 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta Hotels by the beach

Hello again

The post above from Beljiana is correct that their are a number beaches. Malta has a number of small beaches - many not much more than a small strip of sand - think St Georges Bay.

Your post though does specifically request a beach next to or close to your hotel.

Paradise Bay does also have a beach

www.paradise-bay.com/

belgium
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta Hotels by the beach

yes u r right .. i was mixing up 2 questions on this forum ..

there r not many hotels near a sandy beach and it gets even more difficult if u want to stay near nightlife-places too ..

i think its best if u choose a hotel near the nightlife area and then during the day take a bus to go to a sandy beach ..

the buses stop going early (around 10.30pm) and so should u do it the other way round u ll find it difficult to get back to ur hotel at night .. unless u stay partying till 5.00am cos then most buses start again ..