We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gong to malta in august sig traveller on budget help !!

lincs
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
gong to malta in august sig traveller on budget help !!

hi i have just booked a present for myself for finishing my first yr on a degree course i am 35 yr old female and going on my own (have no one to take me and the kids are going on hoilday with their dad poor them ) anyway i am on limted budget and love diving and history i have a placed booked at paradsie bay hotel and going to be using the buses to get around are the escoted tours vaule for money seen some on the net def want to go to the water park and the sunday markert in valletta also the miltary history really intrests me does anyone know have much the musems entrance fees are aslo are the restuarts single friendly dont want to be living on pot noddles all week many thanks annie

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: gong to malta in august sig traveller on budget help !!

I travel alone a great deal, but I don't know what you mean when you say single friendly. If you mean will you be well-treated as a single traveller in Malta, the answer is yes. The Maltese are gracious and hospitable hosts and the only person who could possible make you feel uncomfortable there is yourself. So go and enjoy.

It's easy to stay within budget in Malta because things are very affordable, although some Brits seem to think that since the Maltese Lira is more expensive that the pound, that means that everything is much more costly there. That was not our experience, although you can spend a lot of money, if you wish. It's a matter of choice. It's like anywhere else you might go, if you want to stay on top of the budget, drink the local wine and eat the wonderful, locally caught fresh fish.

Also, post a question for Scubapro here on the forum for advice about diving and almost everything else. He is well informed and is generous with his information.

2. Re: gong to malta in august sig traveller on budget help !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Island of Malta
Recent Conversations