We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

Hello there.

I am trying to plan a holiday to Gozo in August. We are planning to spend a few days with my mother in law in malta, and then come over to Gozo for around a week.

We have four small children - ages 7, 5, 3 and 6months. I am trawling through everything i can find regarding accommodation - I think probably we want a hotel, so we don't have to cater for ourselves (a holiday for me!)

Ideally, we would be near a sandy beach, and have a nice pool for the kids. We will be hiring a car, so that makes destination more flexible. Anyone got any suggestions for where is good? The Hotel Ta Cenc looks lovely, but I am not sure whether it's the ideal destination with small children - anyone have any experience of this?

Many thanks in advance

Suzie Dguolas

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

it wont matter where you stay on gozo the island is quite small it dopnt take long to get from 1 side of the island to the other, i think xlendi is a good place the beach is small lots of place to eat and drink, but good for small children and close enough to victoria for shopping, the best beach for familys is ramla bay , but no accomodation overlooking the beach i would recommend a car to get about

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

Hi Suzie, have a look at www.mygozo.com lots of info on there i would recommend Xlendi too as it suits all of the family, mobydick appartments are nice as is villa xemkija which has a pool

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

august is very hot..make sure you have aircon esp for the younger ones. Of course lots of water too.

Malta
Level Contributor
402 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

If you want a pool the hotels in Xlendi either don't have pools or they are as big as a bathtub. The Ta'Cenc would be quite suitable I would have thought.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

If your priority is a pool for the kids as opposed to the open sea then go for Ta' Cenc or San Lawrenz, both have lovely pools. If they are fine swimming in the sea then choose a hotel that suits and travel to Ramla Bay. Also small amount of sand at Marsalforn (Calypso Hotel is a good one) or Xlendi

Calypso Hotel has a roof top pool (small though) and is right on the sea front. Also good in the evening as lots of restaurants nearby.

Hotel in Xlendi would also be equally good

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

Oh! Just come back onto this forum and discovered all your messages. Thank you all for taking the time to write, and for your great advice.

I will check out all your suggestions now - we definitely plan to hire a car to explore, and I have had another look at Ta Cenc, and think it looks very nice. (Kempinski too, but about 3 times the price!)

Many thanks indeed. Will let you know where we end up!

Suzie

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

Hi SuzieDee

I can recomend Marsalforn its a lovely little resort with a small beach and some great places to eat, as Twirl has said the Calypso is a nice hotel.

We stayed in a Farmhouse in Xaghra which is a lovely village, but no sea.

We visited Marsalforn lots of times, we also went to Xlendi and that is also very nice.

Gozo is wonderful, I hope you find what your looking for, we are trying Malta for the first time this year.

8. Re: Where to stay on Gozo with very small children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 pm, June 19, 2013