We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Board

South Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Half Board

We have been looking at Hotels for our Sept. visit. Some say "half board" what exactly does that mean and or include?

Thanks

london
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Half Board

hi there redheat

Half board simply means as well as bed and breakfast you also get evening meal, full board means you also get lunch whereas all inclusive means you also get snacks, morning coffee, afternoon tea and drinks all day long.

hope this has answered your questions

sahha

alan

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half Board

Redheat further to what Alan has written my advice would be to only take half board if the price difference is negligible. My rationale is that once you are tied up to set meal times then so does your holiday get stuck in the same timetable.

If you are planning to stay at or around the hotel all day then not a problem but most people I know like to go to other areas and try the dining at assorted type restaurants. Sometimes it's nicer to have a main meal during the day and not the evening or earlier or later etc etc.

My guess is that if you've travelled across the pond to get to Malta it's not going to be to sit in an hotel all day waiting for a buffet meal. I would, however, at least make sure I took the B&B (bed & breakfast) option as theres nothing worse that scratching around to find that first meal of the day.

Enjoy it as much as we all do.

South Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Half Board

Thanks! I'd never seen that before. I'm looking forward to Malta and venturing out to see different Restaurants.

Malta Europe
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Half Board

Many hotels expect you to take dinner only so if you plan to take lunch, check with the restaurant manager.

Better still, you might go out sightseeing and pre-book a packed lunch as your half-board....

5. Re: Half Board

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 15, 2009