We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gozo crossing

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Gozo crossing

Will be in Malta from 4th November for two weeks and would like to visit Gozo but a bit worried how rough the crossing will be at that time of year. Also how long does it take.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,309 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gozo crossing

The crossing takes about 25 minutes .

Five minutes each side is in the harbours so only about 15 minutes is in open sea.

If it is very rough the ferry will be cancelled and it is not very often rough. I have been across lots of times and only once was it a little bumpy but not that bad.

When you get on board and it sets off go to the cafeteria and get a cup of tea . By the time you have drunk it you will be in the calm harbour on Gozo.

Worry not !

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gozo crossing

If you are here for two weeks , you can look up the weather and choose a day that is calm and not windy for your crossing . Even on a windy day , the ships are very stable and the trip is very short as Graham said .

Best site for weather is the www.maltairport.com/weather site :-)

Welcome to Malta

If you get seasick very easily , I would suggest that you do not go into the cafeteria but stay on the outside and look at Gozo all the way until you approach the post of Mgarr .

643

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gozo crossing

According to statistics , you have a 31% chance of having a windy day in November, so a 69% probability of a low wind day .

windfinder.com/windstats/windstatistic_luqa.…

Do nor fret about this nonimportant trip in your holiday.

643

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gozo crossing

Thanks all, I can manage that short time. I do sometime get seasick but really want to go across. Can't believe that we lived there for over two years and never went!

5. Re: Gozo crossing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 24, 2014