We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta in March

Belém, PA
Level Contributor
46 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Malta in March

I am going to spend 5 days in Malta in March, 2014 (between 19th and 23rd). I heard the weather could be very windy at this time of year... I´m afraid it will be so windy that may turn the trip somewhat unpleasent. So, how windy will it be? Will I be able to enjoy the trip in spite of March´s weather conditions?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,708 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta in March

It is impossible to predict the weather for march as it can be anything

Hot and sunny

cold and windy

Rainy and warm

Or any combination.

However Malta is an all round destination so you should get some decent weather --- but no guarantees.

Whatever the weather --- which you can do nothing about --- there is so much to see and do in Malta that you will have an enjoyable and interesting time.

Graham

Belém, PA
Level Contributor
46 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta in March

Thanks a lot for the information, Graham.

My main goal is to know the island and to visit the historical buildings and sites, so the weather won´t be such a big deal for my main purposes. But I´d want to spend at least one day at the Comino´s Blue Lagoon beach. Do you think that at least one out of the 5 days in which I´ll be there I´ll have good chances to get a sunny day?

Thanks a lot!

Ney

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,708 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta in March

Difficult to say .

Maybe 50 / 50 chance

Graham

Belém, PA
Level Contributor
46 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta in March

Thanks for your help, Graham!

Ney

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malta in March

Comino - very unlikely for swimming. You could walk around the island I suppose but Gozo will be better by far for a day out that time of year.

Belém, PA
Level Contributor
46 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malta in March

Hi Mark! Thanks a lot for your answer.

Would it be very unlikely for swimming due to the water´s temperature or due to the weather? I don´t plan to go inside of the water, but I want to see the lovely view of the blue lagoon in a sunny day... do you think it´d be possible?

Thanks a lot!

Ney

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malta in March

The blue lagoon is a beautiful site but unlikely worthy of a special trip. I'm unclear how you intend to travel around as there are some good vantage points from Gozo, albeit a little distant. A hire car would give you a great day out.

You really need bright sunshine to appreciate the turquoise colour of the lagoon.

March can be very sunny, even if cool.

Belém, PA
Level Contributor
46 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malta in March

Hi, Mark!

I´m going to spend 5 days in Malta, so I intend to visit everything that is worth to visit. Gozo is definetely one of my destinations. But the Hotel where I will stay is located in Bugibba and I already booked a car rental . I´ll have a car rented for all the 5 days. But will I be able to take the car to the Gozo island? I wonder how much it´d cost to get the car on the ferry... I intend to visit all the 3 islands, and I know Comino is the most difficult to visit due to the ferries on March... but I always dreamed to know the Blue Lagoon, it´s like a personal obsession, lol.

So, do you know if it´s too expensive to get the car on the ferry to Gozo? Should I visit Gozo using only the public transportation? Do you think Gozo´s beacher are even prettier than Comino´s?

Thanks a lot for your help! Are you gozitan?

Ney

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,708 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malta in March

You can take your rented motor car on the ferry over to Gozo.

From Bugibba it takes about half an hour to reach the ferry terminal at Cirkewwa. The ferry which runs about every three quarters of an hour takes about half an hour to cross to Gozo.

The cost is about 12 euros for car and driver and 4.65 euro for each additional passenger.

You don`t pay to go over ----- you drive straight on to the boat ----- but you pay before getting on on your return.

This ferry doesn`t go to Comino . The only ferry boats to go there are are small ones. There is really nothing else much there and it`s a very small island .

Graham

Belém, PA
Level Contributor
46 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malta in March

Thanks a lot, Graham! You´ve been very helpful!