We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chevron?

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Chevron?

Have found exactly what I'm looking for and at the right price but it's with a company called "Chevron" which I've never heard of and so am a bit hesitant, especially as I will be paying with my debit card. I think I'm right in thinking that you don't have the same security with a debit card as with a credit card? Anyway, if anyone has used Chevron to Malta would you please tell me if they are reliable? (I'm getting a bit over excited here lol)

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chevron?

I have booked holidays with Chevron on many occasions in the past, they have been going for years. This company is very well established and found they always gave excellent service at the right price. KNOWKATS

lancs u.k
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chevron?

Hi,looking to book with Chevron for July this year (peak time).just wondering about their track record for overbooking hotels in Malta? Had a few bad experiences in the past and know it sometimes is beyond their contol. Also, i notice transfers are included-are these on the red minibuses or coaches normally? Thanks for any replies!

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Chevron?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we've been with Chevron several times, last trip a couple of months ago. I've seen no evidence of hotels being overbooked. They seem to have their own allocation of rooms. We seemed to get the last room of its type as the sea view option we chose was taken off the Chevron website for our dates as soon as we booked. The hotel was full for part of our stay.

The free transfers are usually by coach or minibus. A rep with a sign greets you in the airport arrivals hall and introduces you to your driver. You may visit a few other hotels to drop people off before you get to yours (and the same for pick ups going home) but they arrange the buses into zones so we've never found this too bad. On our last trip we were picked up and taken to the airport in a nearly new BMW car which the garage were delivering for a rental customer. It ended up being a 'private car' transfer as we took up all the luggage space (my SCUBA gear as well as our cases). The driver had to phone for someone to go and pick up another passenger which meant a short delay.

Inverness
Level Contributor
94 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Chevron?

To clarify, if you book Chevron and it includes a Ryan Air flight, they print the boarding passes for you (unlike some other travel agents). Because Ryan Air only permits this within 2 weeks of the flight, you may not get your documents until Chevron have been able to do this. But in my experience they are really on the ball both for the departure and return.

15. Re: Chevron?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 02, 2015