We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended car hire company

London
Level Contributor
165 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended car hire company

Hello

Have read numerous posts about car hire scams etc. Can anyone recommend a good company with pick up and drop off at the airport and reasonable charges without any scams/rip-offs?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Recommended car hire company

I am no nearer to resolving my dispute with First Car Rental, but I have been very impressed by their willingness to listen to my side of the story and to reply to each of my contributions promptly and courteously.

My original comments were a little hasty and I have no reason now to suspect that the company is anything other than reputable and reliable. Apart from the incident with the scratches and the two minor niggles, I have no complaint. The staff were efficient and friendly and the car itself perfectly OK for our purpose.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Recommended car hire company

When hiring in Malta, make sure you check the 'fuel policy' - as many firms insist on giving you a full tank on pickup and, then (only then), telling to to leave the car back empty. In most countries, you will have no charge if the car is returned full.

These firms know well that - as Malta/Gozo is small - little fuel will be used. If your only going down to the beach, this policy can cost you an extra 50 euro. Insist - WHEN BOOKING - on 'pickup and return full' - only some firms will do it.

23. Re: Recommended car hire company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 05, 2014