We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In malta for xmas n new year

S G
4 posts
Save Topic
In malta for xmas n new year

Hi, my first time in malta 10 day trip ,anyone stayed at Bella Vista Hotel in qawra ? Is it a safe and clean place ? Also any ideas or contacts for local tour guides ?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In malta for xmas n new year

Never stayed in the Bella but will tell you Malta is one of the safest countries in the world lovely people great food Christmas and New Year are great lots of activities and if you are a runner some great tracks for you to train on all along the coast.

S G
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: In malta for xmas n new year

Thank you "wrappido " that was good to know , makes me more confident about my holiday choice !!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In malta for xmas n new year

S G

THE HOTEL

Bella vista is small family run hotel. Location is bit run down, and there are no bars or restaurants within the immediate vicinity. Just a small grocery shop few yard to the left exit from the hotel.

It is good 20 minutes to walk to sea front and town centre. However they run a free courtesy minibus every hour to and from Bugibba bus station.

There are 3 swimming pools. The main one outdoor in floor, one at top roof and one indoor (heated). But they are of small size

Rooms are clean. Chambermaids comes in to clean the room and supply fresh clean towels every day

Meals are buffet service style. Food can be repetitive, especially breakfast, but edible.

Two bars. The bigger one is for nightly entertainment.

My main complaint about this hotel is that it is opened for hire for private parties of locals attending weddings/christenings etc... In such events, the holiday makers staying at the hotel tend to be treated as second class citizens. All members of staff would be paying extra attention to the guests of the private parties. Finger crossed when you go there would no private parties taking place.

I personally use Bella Vista as base for sleeping and showering. I spent much of my day away from it as much as I can.

There is a bus stop directly in the front of the hotel which you can use to take a bus to other places.

SAFETY

The hotel is safe. I have never noticed anything any missing or out or order every time I returned to my room. There is (or was) a barman who tend to be rude and bad temper, but he is (was) not a threat to anyone.

It also is reassuring to know that Malta is one of the safest holiday resort. The Maltese are a very friendly, welcoming people. Obviously you should used common sense and respect the local and you will be just fine

QAWRA/BUGIBBA

The resort of Qawra/Bugibba is very popular with the Brits. it has many British style pubs. There also many restaurants and cafes. Theses place are concentrated in tow areas:

1. Tourist Street:

This street is lined up on both sides with many bars and restaurants. Most of the bars are like your typical English pub and always full with Brits. Some do lay out some evening entertainments like Karaoke, live bands, and quiz nights. They also show live football action from home.

There also many shops and a supermarket called Trolleys.

2. Bugibba Square

Again many bars and restaurants are concentrated around the square. But most people who are out and about are locals rather than tourists.

Bugibba also has a main bus station where you can catch a bus to literally anywhere in main Malta

SEA FRONT

There is a very nice clean promenade for strolling along the beach front. The beach itself is not exactly sandy. But there are quiet lovely spots for sunbathing and the swimming is always good in hot temperature.

A FINAL RECOMMENDATION:

No need for guide tour. To make the most of Malta I would advise a 7 day bus pass which cost 12 Euros. With that you will have the freedom to use any bus to anywhere and at anytime till 11:pm and as many time as you like within the 7 days. Malta is a small country and the average journey time by bus from town to town is 40 minutes. Valletta, Most, M’dina, Mellieha, Sliema and Marxalokk are some of the places I would recommend visiting for sightseeing.

Enjoy you time in Malta

Cheers

Cas

S G
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: In malta for xmas n new year

Hi cas -that was very helpful now i have peace of mind and cant wait to start my hols , thanks again

5. Re: In malta for xmas n new year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, December 17, 2013