We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in malta.

wigan
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weddings in malta.

Hey, me and my other half are looking to get married possibly in malta either march, may or sept 2013. A few questions if you dont mind...

Which of the above months would be best to get married, i dont want it too hot but dont want rain!

I want to rent out a private villa and hold the ceremony there, does anyone know if this is aloud in malta?

Also does anyone know of any wedding planners over there? who can sort legal fee's paperwork etc?

Any help advice is much appreciated. Thankyou :)

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings in malta.

stef if you type wedding in Malta in the top box you will find loads of similar topics some people who got married recently are very good in assisting with this request.I would advise that you look out for cheap flights and go over and have a sneak preview at locations and villas and also get all the paperwork you need.

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Level Contributor
88 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings in malta.

Thanks will do :)

Birmingham, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings in malta.

Hi Stef,

We got married in Malta last May and the weather was really nice although we did get some rain on the first day but the weather for the rest of the trip was brilliant.

We had Wedding Wise planners to sort out the details for our wedding. They are local planners so you could try contacting them to see what they would suggest for you in terms of your request.

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings in malta.

Hi Stef,

End of May or beginning of June the weather is generally fairly safe. I would avoid September unless absolutely necessary - on a good day it's fine but on a bad day it can be overcast and very clammy.

If you are considering getting married in a Villa I would recommend that you check out Gozo. There is a wider choice of places to rent out and some of them have stunning views surrounded by lush greenery. However, I do recommend that you have a look at your other options in Malta. It's full of historic venues (such as Selmun Castle and Castello Zammitello) which you can choose from even if you are having a small wedding. There are also a couple of palazzos which you could opt for (such as Palazzo Parisio). The following sites should help you: bridemalta.com and maltaweddings.com. There you should be able to find some contacts of wedding planners too. I know that Sarah Young or Alistair Fenech are fairly established. If you google them something should come up.

You could also have a look at the website of some of the larger catering companies which take care of many of the venues themselves and sometimes have a wedding planner on site which may turn out cheaper - look at the websites of Island Caterers, Phoenicia hotel, Corinthia Hotels, Catermax, busy bee and Osbourne caterers.

I hope this helps to get you started! Congratulations and good luck :)

Mentioned in this post
Kerry
Level Contributor
41 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings in malta.

HI

We got married in Malta (St Julian’s Bay) in October 2009. We had great weather, very sunny & quite warm most days. We had one or two days out of the two weeks we were there that drizzled a bit but you could still get out & about.

We did have a wedding planner based near where we live but to be honest we could have looked after it all ourselves without too much difficulty.

One of the reasons we opted for Malta was that it had the least amount of paperwork (for us) & of course everything was easily available in English.

I did find that it took the various authorities quite a while to respond to emails & at times it was tricky to get hold of people on the phone but they are all quite relaxed over there so I think you'd just have to accept that!

We arrived one full day before we actually got married which was plenty for us, we just had to get ourselves to the "town hall" & present ourselves and passports etc.

So, my advice is to do as much research as you can. Find out what legal bits & bobs need doing and decide then if you think you're happy to handle it yourself get the ball rolling in plenty of time. You will save a lot of money looking after the arrangements yourself.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Saint Julian's
Saint Julian's
Island of Malta, Malta
Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weddings in malta.

My husband and i got married in Malta 3 years ago. The ceremony took place on August 25th and it was 35 degrees. Way too hot! I'd suggest may or september for slightly cooler teperatures! Our wedding planner Rosemary from sundreams travel organised everything for us and she was an absolute god send! The whole process of planning the wedding was completely stress free and she really looked after us. She also got us really good deals on everything including accommodation etc. She picked us up a few days before the wedding and took us to Valletta to attend to all the paperwork. I would highly recommend her!

Mentioned in this post
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Malta
Level Contributor
88 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weddings in malta.

Thankyou for your replies there very helpfull, to be honest i also chose malta due to the translation fee's being low, i was shocked at what they was for greece etc. also its a lovely country! And also i would of loved to plan it myself purely because i love planning and organising! Ive googled alot and found info about the legal side, but im struggling to find out how to organise the registrar and venues etc??

Any more help would be greatley appreciated!

stef x

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weddings in malta.

Hi.. we are also planning our wedding in St George's Riu hotel in July 2013. We have opted to use Rosemarie from Sundreams as she offered us an unbeateable price tbh. Malta looks idealistic and is not too far to travel. We have to pay the deposit in a matter of days and so if anyone objects to Sundreams please say now!!!! Lol

Good luck Stef : )

Ruth x

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weddings in malta.

Hi Ruth,

oooh you must be so excited! I wish I could go back to Malta and do it all over again!!!

Don't know anything about Sundreams I'm afraid. Did you try contacting Lara from Wedding Wise? They had offered us the best rates when we were looking. We had her and her husband for our wedding and they were fab!

Have fun in Malta and best of luck!!!! :) xxx

Mentioned in this post
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weddings in malta.

Hi Carol

Where are you from in Brum maybe we could catch up for a chat about your wedding in malta

X