We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elliðaárdalur Valley

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Elliðaárdalur Valley

Where is the bes place to park if you want to walk in this area? Might sound a daft question, but when we were in Iceland in October we couldn't find anywhere to park, that said we might have bee looking in the wrong area on the edge of the valley.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
12,686 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elliðaárdalur Valley

Next to the swimming pool of Árbær, for example.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elliðaárdalur Valley

Many thanks :)

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elliðaárdalur Valley

The valley has some length to it, so there are a few places where one can park. Árbæjarlaug is one as Diane-Rvk mentions. Árbær open air museum parking lot is another nice place. I can think of a few more places but I really don't have any directions or landmarks to give directions to.

Vogar
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Elliðaárdalur Valley

There are also parking spaces by the old power station in the lower part of the valley, many nice walks there as well as in the islands formed by the branches of the river.

ja.is/kort/?type=aerial&x=362042&y=404653&z=9

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elliðaárdalur Valley

This is one of my favorite places in the city. It took me about 4hours to walk around the area. You can walk down one side of the river to the lake. It is well signposted, with flat pavements. Easy to walk with street furniture enroute. You wouldn’t have guessed it’s in the middle of a city! It’s quiet and is free from tourists which is a bonus! Once at the lake I only found one place to sit (which was already occupied). Plenty of other seating around the rest of the route. You can also walk right down to the sea front (which is about one hour walk from Videy terminal). It’s close to Mjodd bus terminal making it ideal and easy to commute from downtown Reykjavik. Perfect for a Sunday stroll, or for making into a bigger day trip.

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Reykjavik Apartments
Downtown Reykjavik...
306 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
6. Re: Elliðaárdalur Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 17, 2017