We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

new york city
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
48 helpful votes
Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

Flizzr has the cheapest rates but no reviews. Has anyone had any experience with this car rental agency? They are cheaper by a wide margin for automatic cars, so I am inclined to book unless TA experts advise otherwise.

62 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
81 reviews
66 helpful votes
11. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

BEWARE AND AVOID - CHEAP COMES AT A PRICE

I know this is a late reply but my experience of Flizzr is very bad.

Cheap headline rate but very bad experience in Spain. Unable to contact them via the customer help line due to some special rate number. No response to web contact form. I've no idea what would happen if you had a breakdown. Maybe stuck without help?

Extremely detailed examination of car on return over ten minutes identifying an almost invisible mark as damage done by me which it wasn't. Invoice arrived two weeks later which exceeded the total car hire.

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
12. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

@ Refdef: Wrong forum. This is Iceland forum, not Spain.

Edited: 4:59 pm, August 03, 2016
New York City, New...
1 post
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
13. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

The reason the Flizzr prices are cheaper than anywhere is because they offer you a great deal and once you give them your credit card THEY CHARGE YOU OVER 4 TIMES THE AMOUNT.

We just rented a car from them in Luton and prepaid online 80 GBP for the rental, with no added on extras; insurance covered on the credit card; a returned car in perfect condition and a full gas tank, we were surprised to find a 350 pound bill after we returned the car!

Edited: 5:34 am, November 21, 2016
Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
13,543 posts
103 reviews
74 helpful votes
14. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

@Muki: you are still posting in the Iceland forum about an experience that had nothing to do with Iceland...

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
12 helpful votes
15. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

First time rental in the Netherlands and no wonder they are cheap.... They juggle with prices and give the wrong information. Next to that you will receive an older car (weared out) from the reputable rental companies. Nothing wrong with that but still it is misleading. If you book a good and reliable new car and you are sold an older car as being an "upgrade" I call it tricking the customer.

After returning the car being confronted with additional costs is a joke. Especially when all information was given and confirmed by their staff at pic-up. Filing a complaint does not help so please be aware.

I'd opt for a more reliable company the next time (prices are basically same level) but you really get what you pay for.

Edited: 5:47 am, January 16, 2017
Baleal, Portugal
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
16. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

i booked a car by flizzr through rentalcars.com. my flight had a delay and i arrived 1h20 minutes later than the time i book the car. at the counter at the Cologne/ Germany airport they said i had to pay an upgrade car now and it costs 145,73 euro. for the first time in my life i heard that you have to pay a fee when you pick up your car later! this company is an absolutely rip off! i will never ever again book at flizzr and i only can recommend this to anybody. they are having hidden costs and even in their FAQ's they are not coming clear with this information. i called the hotline and there will be no refund. worst rent a car company.

Edited: 10:07 am, January 17, 2017
1 post
17. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

Hi, Just checking to see who you chose for Car Rental and how they were?

Boston...
Level Contributor
24,756 posts
776 reviews
195 helpful votes
18. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

David:

There are much better threads here with discussions about Iceland car rental companies. These posts are for one that seems to operate elsewhere.

Read a few pages of the board to get some good advice and hints

London, United...
3 posts
19. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

Yes, do not ever use this service as you'll get additional charges applied to you later on.

I received 2 fines when in Germany and flizzr charged €29 admin costs for each fine. So whilst I had to pay € 30 fine for speed limits, I ended up topping that up with another €29+29 from flizzr.

They don't have a phone number to contact, always a different person dealing with your request.

DO NOT USE THEM

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
13,543 posts
103 reviews
74 helpful votes
20. Re: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?

Still posting experiences in the Iceland forum that have nothing to do with Iceland...

Reply to: Flizzr car rental - Any experience?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted