We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Eve eating in Reykjavik

8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas Eve eating in Reykjavik

We arrive in Reykjavik at around 5pm on Christmas Eve. Will the Indian or Chinese or Thai restaurants be open that evening?

We have booked dinner on Christmas Day at our hotel but other than that only have breakfast booked. I see not many hotel restaurants are open between Christmas Eve and 28th when we leave and we don't particularly want (or can afford) to eat evening night in our hotel (Centrum) - will the restaurants be open during this period?

Thanks for your help

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Eve eating in Reykjavik

Most Icelandic re4staurants will be closed, exept few of the biggest hotels. But there are always some Tai or Chineese or Indian ones open for the holydays, but I haven´t got confirmations from anyone.

I´m sure that there will be some places open forr the holydays, don´t worry. You should though keep an eye on www.visitreykjavik.is for further information, or what´s even better send them a line, and ask, they should know.

2. Re: Christmas Eve eating in Reykjavik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 17, 2009