We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

northern lights and wales!

DERBY, England
Level Contributor
170 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
northern lights and wales!

Hi i am hoping to go to Reykjavik at the end of march 2007, will i still be able to see the northern lights and go whale watching? also what sort of weather should i expect ? thanks.

Happy Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Elding Adventure At Sea
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Special Tours
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Whale Watching Reykjavik - Special Tours
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,821 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: northern lights and wales!

The weather is very variable. I was there last March and it was crisp and sunny. Didn't need thermals, unlike a May trip. It was warmer and more settled than England that week, but that can't be guaranteed. Take the equivalent to ski clothes.

Can't predict the Northern Lights. There are lots of posts on here about them.

Wales is to the west of England. You can see it from the malvern Hills. :-) (sorry, couldn't resist).

2. Re: northern lights and wales!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 27, 2009