We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

THE place to go

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
THE place to go

I know people often ask about bars and restaurants on here and the reply is always along the lines of 'depends what type of music/food you like' etc...

But I was just wondering if there was a particualar bar/club/restaurant that was the most famous or well known for a younger crowd (early 20s)??????

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: THE place to go

My sister is 23 and an animal of the partying kind so just to be sure I asked her. She gave me three places.

Sólon was the first she mentioned. Described it as the place where the "pretty people" go. It's on two floors with a dj and mainstream pop music is mainly played. Britney, Justin Timberlake, R&B etc. Here's their website for more info: http://www.solon.is/index_en.html

The next one she mentioned was Pravda. This is a bit more of a techno club and drugs for instance are more visible there. She said people often end their night at Pravda because it's open into the wee hours of the morning. Website for more info: www.pravda.is . The video might give you an idea of what to expect. There's also an english tab but very limited information on there.

Third and last is Oliver. Described by her as "snobbier" then the other two. I'm in my early thirties and this is the place I personally like best of the three she mentioned. There's a more age-mixed crowd there. The food is also YUMMIE if you're looking for a bite to eat. More info: www.cafeoliver.is Look for the english tab.

So you see, it's hard to come up with just one place. The thing with the Reykjavík nightlife is that it's very compact. You can walk between these three places in under 5 minutes. Pubs and clubs are practically door to door downtown Reykjavík and this is the way Icelanders themselves party. You go from place to place a lot. If you don't really like a place, leave it and try the next one.

Have a great time!

2. Re: THE place to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 17, 2009