We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

Fermanagh
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
11 helpful votes
Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

Just returned from a short break to Iceland and had a fantastic time. We hired a car from Lagoon Car Rental, which I became aware of as Ingolfur from that company had helpfully answered my post on tripadvisor a couple of weeks ago when I had queried driving conditions there. We ended up hiring from Lagoon Car Rental as their price was good and any queries I had before booking were answered so quickly. When we arrived at the airport Ingofur and his colleague Einar were waiting for us and even gave us a box of chocolates as we were one of their 1st customers, having only started their business last month. They had also upgraded us to an automatic instead of the manual we had booked. The car was brand new, we were given maps, paperwork was completed in minutes and we were on our way. The car was fitted with studded tyres which meant the snow and ice didn't cause us any problems. It also had heated front seats which was a nice bonus on the cold days. When we had an issue with the car we emailed Ingolfur and he responded immediately with reassurance and advice. When we returned the car Ingolfur and Einar were again waiting for us at the airport as agreed, and were lovely to deal with. They treated us like friends rather than strangers, and were so professional and nice to deal with. They are only a new company starting out on their venture and we were so glad we had found and booked with them. If I return to Iceland I would definitely hope to hire a car through them again. 10/10 for service, helpfulness and friendliness. Also, we found driving in Iceland to be fine. The roads are in good condition and mostly very straight. I would definitely advise studded tyres as there was snow and ice on the roads while we were there and we didn't have any problems. For anyone considering going, go for it. It's a fantastic country and I can't wait to return.

189 replies to this topic
Fermanagh
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

I meant to add the link for Lagoon car rental as it doesn't seem to come up on google searches except in the adverts at the top. The link is www.lagooncarrental.is

9 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

excellent, I think I will cancel my sixt reservation and give them a try!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
41 helpful votes
3. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

I've just cancelled my budget booking and have booked with this company - will let you know how it goes, thanks for the referral.

Fermanagh
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
11 helpful votes
4. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

You're most welcome. I hope you both are happy with your rental experience with them as we were. Enjoy your trip :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
14 helpful votes
5. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

I have a reservation with SIXT for mid April and they're 110 Euros cheaper than Lagoon car rental for the same type of vehicle and conditions.

There's good and bad reviews with pretty much all rental car company's. It's a tough decision.

I sent an email to a few of them to see if they could match SIXT and no one was able to do so.... and even if they do... for the same price.. it's still a toss up

Fermanagh
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

Hey Daniel, if no one else can beat your price from Sixt I'm sure Sixt are the way to go. You could always email Lagoon on info@lagooncarrental.is if you hadn't already done so. Enjoy Iceland whoever you book through!

9 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

Ok, just got back from Iceland where we used Lagoon. An amazing experience with them from start to finish. Booking online was easy. We ended up getting a AWD Subaru Forrester, practically brand new (only 200kms) in immaculate condition. Einar and Ingolfur met us at arrivals with a personalized sign and a welcome box of Icelandic chocolates. A few minutes to sign some papers, do a once around on the car and we were on our way. I brought a GPS, but we soon found out it didn't work in Iceland so I emailed them asking if I could rent one. Einar delivered it directly to our hotel. Dropping off the car was a breeze. We just parked it at the departures lot and met Einar inside where he checked the car and as soon as it was good, we handed him the keys and we were off! I would HIGHLY recommend using Lagoon. Friendly service, Great cars and competitive pricing.

London, United...
1 post
8. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

Hi James A. Would you say you need all of the additional Insurance extras when booking the car? I am looking to book with Lagoon today

thanks

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
547 posts
82 reviews
36 helpful votes
9. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

I'm trying to decide which company to go with as well for our july trip. so many conflicting reports! thanks for sharing

9 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental

We didn't take any, but if you are doing any off road/F-road driving, then definitely take at least the gravel protection.

Reply to: Highly Recommend - Lagoon car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted