We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

66 North outlet in Reykjavik

Germany
Level Contributor
28 posts
76 reviews
66 North outlet in Reykjavik

Hi everyone,

We are coming to Iceland in the beginning of November. I was wondering if 66 North outlet in Reykjavik is an actual store where I can go in and buy clothes? If yes, I would just buy basic winter clothes before we leave and buy more in Reykjavik. I tried to call this store twice during the business hours but no one answered.

Does anyone know if this store offers a decent discount?

Below is the address of this 66 North store.

Outlet

Faxafen 12, 108 Reykjavík

Contact

+354 535 6678

Your feedback would help me out a lot and thank you for reading!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

I can't answer your question, but there are also outdoor stores in the middle of town on Laugavegur

eg http://fjallakofinn.is

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

Last time I flew into Keflavik I saw this store

kefairport.is/English/…default.aspx

but I didn't check their prices. Why don't you give them a call and see?

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

Yes - it is an actual walk-in outlet store.

It is less costly than prices downtown and - like most outlet stores - mainly offers last years models.

Bridgend South Wales
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

Lovely outlet store by Vik beach

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,847 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

The house address actually has two stores, the said 66°N and one calles Útivist & Sport (Outdoors % Sport). See Street view: https://www.google.is/maps/@64.1293488,-21.8661925,3a,30y,163.96h,89.78t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sy47YwKr9dhXBXlXDKpNNng!2e0?hl=en

To the left is Utivist & Sport and on the far side of the house is 66°N outlet.

@ Jaynebt

The Vík store you're thinking of is actually a factory store ;-)

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

Is the vik store open to the public? If so is it any cheaper than the outlet store?

Bridgend South Wales
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

Yes it was open to public and a lot cheaper than Reykjavik. We stopped there on the Glacier Lagoon tour

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,847 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

The Vík store is open to men on thursdays and women on mond... :p Yes it's open to the public :-) I find their prices to be quite reasonable compared to many others. Their store isn't huge or anything and one can even get a tour through the factory at chosen hours (at least during summer).

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

Thanks guys. Would like to get some of their gear but the full price is expensive! Thursday and Monday only! I guess if it's a working factory they can't have public in every day. Will be marking that on our to do list :-) thanks.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
19 posts
135 reviews
10. Re: 66 North outlet in Reykjavik

The "open Thursday and Monday" was a joke, the store is open everyday .

Just to clarify: the 66 North store in Faxafen only sells 66 North products. It is cheaper than high street prices, but do not expect to find anything cheap - my family (coming from mainland Europe) was shocked at the outlet prices, as they were still double what you can find in specialized shops in Europe. Of course, if you are really set on buying 66 North, this might be the cheapest solutions. Otherwise, I'd suggest you look for other brands in your country.

The factory shop in VIk, however, is for a different company, Icewear. Their products tend to be cheaper than 66 North. The factory shop prices can be lower than downtown prices, but that's not a guarantee (bought a jacket on sale there, found it at the same price - not even on sale! - later in Reykjavik). Icewear also has an outlet in Fákafen, close to the 66 store above (that's in Faxafen, just across the street). www.icewear.is/is/find_a_shop-content.aspx