We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quick trip in november

england
1 post
Save Topic
quick trip in november

Hi All

Am planning my second trip to Iceland in November, as a layover on the way back to London from NYC. Will be there from Thurs am -Sunday afternoon.- so 3 and a bit days.

I've been to Iceland before and loved it, and am likely to drag my family there next year.I daresay we'll do all the standard gold circle etc. tours which are probably more enjoyable in the warmer months with longer daylight hours!

My primary reason for going in November (aside from a cheap airfare) is the chance at seeing the Northern Lights. I wouldn't mind doing a bit more horseriding too. I suppose my question is, does it make sense to stay in Reykjavik, or should I plan to stay elsewhere? If so, where? I won't be able to rent a car, so I'll be relying on public transport or tour operators. I'm not adverse to staying in hostels or other alternatives to hotels. Any other suggestions as to short trips that might be doable in a short time frame gratefully accepted!

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
London
London
England, UK
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quick trip in november

I stayed in reykjavik so I can't speak to the issue of staying outside of it, but I do want to recommend a horse tour highly. I am not a rider at all, but my partner is, so we booked a tour that included a show and a short ride. I ended up chickening out of the riding part but it was amazing to see the beautiful icelandic horses up close. I got to see a rider demonstrate the unique gait of the icelandic horse. My partner got to go on a short ride and said the horse was amazing to ride - the highlight of the trip.

2. Re: quick trip in november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 12, 2009