We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

Cole Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

We are going to be in Iceland from 24-18 August 2014 and would like to attend the Toronto Symphony Orchestra at Harpa on the evening of 24 August but the actual ticket order page seems to be in Icelandic only. Is there an english page to order tickets or do we need to find a way to translate what they are asking. some of it is self explanatory we think but others have us stumped (Our knowledge if Icelandic is pretty basic at best)

Fullt nafn ( Full Name ??)

Heimilisfang (Address ??)

Póstfang (------------??)

Kennitala (-------- ??)

Netfang (email address ??)

Sími (phone # ??)

E-miðann prentar þú út sjálf/ur. Sjá bæði í staðfestingarpósti og lokaskrefi kaupaferlis. (if we want the tickets emailed to us??)

Could someone please tell us if these are correct and what are we missing. This does not even address the payment page which we have not yet seen.

Thanks

Anthony

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
26 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

If no one can help you try asking at the Cintamani store on Spring Garden Road. The owner was very helpful when I was in the store a couple of weeks ago. He is Icelandic and speaks Norse.

Cole Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

thanks I will try that next week

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

If you use www.midi.is you have the option for English in the top right corner. I didn't go all the way, but I got an English lang\uage order page.

Cole Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

Perfect, it worked great thank-you so much.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

I think the easiest way would be to go to www.harpa.is and choose english, and book from there.

Cole Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

I had tried that first but it is in English only until you start the purchase process then it is in Icelandic only.The www.midi.is site allows you to do the entire transaction in English. I have the tickets purchased and we are looking forward to our 4th return visit to Iceland in 5 years. Once again thanks everyone for your help.

7. Re: trying to order tickets for performance at Harpa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 21, 2015