We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

England
7 posts
Save Topic
Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

I have set aside my last few hours in Iceland to go to the Blue Lagoon before I get on the plane home. What do people do with things like passport / credit cards / tickets etc??

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,952 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

You are in the majority. There are lockers to store your stuff.

I have a gut feeling that Iceland is about the most crime-free place on the planet. Maybe Antarctica is safer......I'm not saying theft never occurs, but where is someone going to go with stolen credit cards, etc, on an island with 300,000 people .?

Relax, have a beer, soak up the minerals and sun. (Don't get your hair wet - unless you are a natural.... There are warning signs for those who may dye their hair!)

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

From my visit to iceland things seem fairly well organised, if you look on the website www.bluelagoon.com under frequently asked questions ... there is mention of lockers etc.

hope your trip goes well, Meg

long island
Level Contributor
225 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

We just returned on Friday night. when you go into the locker room at the Blue Lagoon they give you this bracelet to wear that is 'coded' to open and close the locker of your choice. these are large lockers that will fit your clothes, and a small carry-on or purse and other valuables. No worries as far as putting your valuables in the locker

England
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

Thanks all :-)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

don't forget to rent a towel at the front desk as you go in (if you don't have one). I got into the locker room, finally found a locker (it was packed - I had to hover over one woman who was dressing and basically dive for the locker when she left it... then I got undressed and realised I needed a towel, ugh.

also - about the hair issue - I let my hair get wet in the lagoon, and my hair is baby fine and extremely soft but after the lagoon it felt like straw. Four washings later it is almost back to normal.

My skin felt and feels amazing though!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

Advice to people with hair slightly longer than a crue-cut, put hair conditioner in your hair BEFORE entering the water. This water is very harsh on your hair.

Lockers in the Blue Lagoon are great and will hold all your valuables. A great idea before getting on the plane to leave..a wonderful ending to your trip.

7. Re: Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, August 15, 2009