We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day South Shore tour?

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Half day South Shore tour?

Hi there,

We are looking to fit in a half day south shore tour into our short 4 day stay but it's looking near impossible to find such a thing. We don't want to do any of the hiking or museums...just see the sights. Does anyone know if there's a private company that would offer such a thing at a reasonable price?

Many thanks in advance :)

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,786 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half day South Shore tour?

The drive from Reykjavik to the main sights of the south coast, and back is more than 400 km. And that is 5 hours of driving !

Then you need to add time for the viewing.

It is possible to do this in 7 - 8 hours.

Try to contact a private guide. What is a "reasonable price" ?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half day South Shore tour?

Have you considered a private guide for the day, or I have heard Taxis do that sort of thing. The price of a private guide I have some idea, however the Taxi's I have no idea. A simple search should clear that up. Enjoy

3. Re: Half day South Shore tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, March 07, 2015