We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Reykjavik - April/May 2014

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
4 Days in Reykjavik - April/May 2014

Hi,

I'll be spending 3 full days in Iceland + 2 x 2/3 days because of the way my flight layovers worked out. I'm massively stoked about finally getting to this amazing country and thought i'd see what tips people had. I'm on i guess what you'd call a middle of the road budget. Planning on 1 day just for walking around town.

My one question is - is Sólheimasandur’ easily reachable in a day from town? Any tours go that way, or would i have to hire a car? I don't know why but i'm pretty obsessed with finding and photographing that famous plane wreck.

Is 1 full day enough to wander around reykjavik itself, although it stays light so long, i suppose i also have evenings if i come back from a day tour.

My main goal is to see plenty of the scenery, and get as many photographs as possible. Anyone got any recommendations of photographer firendly tours, rather than jump out, see the sight, straight on to the next place operations?

And any tips for places to eat, coffee, etc in the city itself are always appreciated!

Thanks, looking forward to seeing what tips people have for me.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in Reykjavik - April/May 2014

Sólheimasandur is easily accessible all year around, since it is adjacent to the ring road.

2. Re: 4 Days in Reykjavik - April/May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 15, 2015