We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

I'm starting with a very broad question,

There is a group of us thinking of going to Iceland for a few days, then on to Greenland for a few days. We would like to do hiking, some excursions. We would appreciate any input.

Thank you,

She

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

Is that an Icelandic horse behind you ?

Have you thought of hiring a Icelandic agent to help you with the planning ?

Try to contact www.tour.is they plan and operate tailor made tours for all sizes of groups.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

It is, I went to Iceland a few years ago and did many of their excursions, one being a day trip to Greenland. Since then I joined a hiking group and everyone wants to hike and possible camp. Your suggestion makes sense, would be great, just not sure how expensive it would be.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

One thing ! If you want to go ahead with this, I recommend that you start right now to find and book accommodations for the group, because many areas are completely booked out.

That´s where a local agent would be a big help.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

Thank you. We, the group and I will set time to meet. I'll let them know about your business and get back to you.

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

My business ??

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

Very sorry if I assumed wrong that you are the agent. If your intent was just to give me a good site to go to, I plan to do that. Much thanks.

She

7. Re: Group travel possible July 27 to August 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 17, 2015