We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden circle tour

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Topic
golden circle tour

I am in Reykjavik for 2 days in early August. Is it best to book a golden circle tour in advance or are places easily available on the coaches? Can anyone recommend a good tour company (I am on limited time & budget).

Thanks

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golden circle tour

We are using Iceland Excursions for our tours. I can send you some discount info for them if you'd like to provide your email address. Or, you're welcome to email me at fuzzlekins@yahoo.com.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golden circle tour

As a follow up to this, I have noticed some companies offer evening golden circle tours - any thoughts about day vs evening tours?

thanks!

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golden circle tour

I saw that when I was looking too. I guess it depends on what time of the year you go and/or how pressed for time you are. If you actually want to see these sights "at night," you may not really be able to during the times of the year when it's light practically all the time. However, if you're on a tight schedule and it helps you to see more, I'd say go for it. We opted for the day version. We're doing 6 full days of tours plus 2 "free days" to explore Reykjavik.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
149 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golden circle tour

Iceland Excursions is very reputable. All guides speak English fluently and know their stuff. This was one of the best tours we took. The second best was the Southern Excursion which is also a full day so you might not have time. Night can be cool since it stays light for so long. I went in Oct. so didn't have that option. One tip on the Circle: when you get to the geysir do not waste time inside at the gift shop! I tried to buy a magnet and the line was so long I missed one of the infrequent Geysir eruptions. Not to worry, there are others and one Little Geysir(?) that erupts every 5-6 minutes. But Geysir is the biggest and best and I missed it! Iceland rocks, you will love it. Don't miss the Blue Lagoon.