We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Lights Reykjavik

Dorset
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Northern Lights Reykjavik

Northern Lights is on my "bucket list" and am trying to plan trip to see same in December 2013 or January 2014/or later if replies recommend same!

Am wondering what clothes my husband and I should be wearing. Neither of us has ever had a "cold" holiday before so haven't a clue where to start!

Also would it be best to buy jackets etc in Reykjavik when we arrive.

Help gratefully needed please.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

I'm going for 7 nights in january and I've just brought some good base layers from decathlon and a good ski jacket to keep me warm. Worth a visit it you have one in your area http://www.decathlon.co.uk/

Zoe

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
558 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

I would recommend products from a company called Rohan - they are a fair trade company and sell all their clothing via their own shops which can be found throughout the UK. I believe they may also have some stores in the US - they have both UK and US websites. They may not be the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. I would particularly recommend the Troggings trousers for women, which have a very useful drawstring waist, and their wonderful Merino long sleeved T shirts. They do a great range for men as well.

Dorset
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

.What a lovely group of people there are on trip advisor - so helpful.

Thank you everyone for posting replies and for your help.

Edited: 5:45 am, November 12, 2013
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

Here is a article on what to wear in Iceland in the winter time. Might be helpful northernlightsiceland.com/what-to-wear-in-wi…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

mrobertsson, this answer could/should be something to add to Questions and Answers column on this site. I don't know how that could be achieved. It comes up all the time.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

Dont know how to add it to the Questions and answers!!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

Anyone?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

There was another question/answer from Icelandicguide recently re car rental etc, that also would be of greater benefit to people in that column. I did contact the administrators about that, however they have not responded so far. I might have another 'go' Some of the stuff comes up over and over. The Destination Exports/Locals are the ones to trust. JMHO

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

How do you contact the admin?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Northern Lights Reykjavik

mrobertsson I did eventually receive an answer from admin. That reply to the repeated questions re Car rental of mine, was, the Destination Experts decide what can, should and does get listed there. I left it at that

Should you choose to do so, contact the Help section right on the bottom of the page. You will see a 'contact' option.

Edited: 8:03 am, July 25, 2014