We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Market 2013

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
B C
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Market 2013

Does anyone know when the Christmas Market in Reykajavik starts?

I've re-searched but not really found a definite date. I am going there the first weekend of December, so it would be good to see - even if all Christmas markets are similar!

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Market 2013

I recommend the "Christmas village" in Hafnarfjörður (10 mins. away from Reykjavik center, and there is a bus as well)

It is open 4 weekends before Christmas, Sat and Sun. And on the 23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

B C
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Market 2013

Thank you for this information - looks great. For a younger couple, would you say its best to visit later on for a bit more atmosphere?

Also what time would these markets generally close each day?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Market 2013

Be there around 15:00 - 18:00 They close around 18:00, except on the 23. when they are open until 23:00.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Market 2013

Oh Icelandicguide that was beautiful to see. Thank you!:-)

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Market 2013

Hello! I am visiting Iceland at the start of December and looking forward to seeing the Christmas markets. I'm just planning how much cash to take out: My lonely planet book says that "in Iceland the credit card is king" but would I be right in thinking that you can only pay in cash at the Christmas markets?

Hope you can help me. Many thanks

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Market 2013

Even though most might accept Cc, I would still take out cash. But there are ATM´s in the neighborhood if you need it.

7. Re: Christmas Market 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 25, 2014