We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ok may have left it a little late for some help!

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
ok may have left it a little late for some help!

Hi,

leaving Sunday night for airport after working all weekend and have Mon-Fri night (return early sat) in Reykjavik.

So had a quick plow through some trips on Viator and thought this may be a good itinerary - but if anyone has experience would be happy to hear from you. I was going to book trips tomorrow daytime.

Monday - arrive lunchtime, find apartment and orient - book Northern lights trip - thought I'd get in early. :-)

Tuesday - Whale watching tour in / after lunchtime

Wed - Golden Circle Tour

Thur - Blue Lagoon

Friday - mooch, shopping, etc.

Thought I'd leave time to book more Northern lights, viatour have a boat trip at night?? If necessary. Blue Lagoon looks great can you spend most of the day there?

if anyone has any other ideas it would be appreciated.

thanks

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ok may have left it a little late for some help!

It's looks like a very relaxed tour plan. Personally, I'd skip the whale watching tour (just my personal taste) and use Monday and Tuesday for a trip to the south-east of Iceland, reaching the glacier lagoon Jökulsárlón. I had a quick look at the weather forecast. They usually get it 'not exact' anyway, but it looks like the cloud cover could be 'better' in that area, Monday night - so, you'd be in a good place to see the auroras. There's one such two-day tour that includes accommodations, if you google "Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon south coast" you'll find something.

To your question about the Blue Lagoon: oh, yes! you can spend the whole day there :)

Enjoy your stay in Iceland - it's an awesome country!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ok may have left it a little late for some help!

I couldn't agree more with Diana - Jokulsarlon is nr. 1 attraction in Iceland according to Tripadvisor: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g189952-d2…

A 2 day tour there is reccommended since the drive is veeeeeery long for only 1 day :)

3. Re: ok may have left it a little late for some help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 05, 2014