We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposed Plan

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Proposed Plan

My wife and I are thinking of visiting Reykjavik late May 2014 (yes I pre-plan only slightly...lol). I was hoping someone might be able to give me some thoughts on my current thoughts. IN particular I am wondering if I am missing anything big or too much travel...etc.

Saturday - Leave US

Sunday - Arrive KEF at 8AM. Travel to hotel (right now looking at Icelandair Marina) and perhaps rest and then explore Reykjavik itself some

Monday - Golden Circle

Tuesday - Glacier Lagoon

Wednesday - Horse riding morning and then perhaps whale watching

Thursday - Blue Lagoon and then head to KEF for 5PM flight

We are planning on tours for GC and Glacier and don't plan on renting a car.

Thanks in advance.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proposed Plan

Perhaps you could choose to contact www.tour.is They will be able to help you with tours. Perhaps you could also arrange a tour/transfer to the blue Lagoon and then onto the Keflavik for your flight. I can recommend Touris, they are reliable and quick to answer all enquiries. I have used their services 4 times now.Good luck and enjoy

Edited: 4:29 am, July 25, 2013
Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proposed Plan

Thanks.

We were thinking of netbus (or whatever their name is now) as they have a glacier lagoon, circle, blue lagoon and airport special (assuming it continues to next year).

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
8,367 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proposed Plan

About your Tuesday plan. Going to Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon, back and forth, in one day, is a heavy trip. Actually, there's enough to see and do for two days.

My recommendation would be: Wednesday, don't go too early on the horse riding, in case you feel quite exhausted from the Golden Circle, and Jökulsárlón trip... Or, spend a night near the glacial lagoon and really enjoy all the many awesome places of the south coast - you could even take a horse-riding tour somewhere along the way.

And a note: whale watching tours offer you a second tour if you do not see whales. So, if you're leaving the next day, you don't have that chance. Wouldn't it be a neat idea to put the whale watching on Sunday, when you arrive?

Best regards!

4. Re: Proposed Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 28, 2014