We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancer

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kauai
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cancer

I take medically perscribed marijuana, in pill and rolled up form, does anyone know what to expect as you go through customs, should you try and hide it,,etc etc? This may seem like a wierd question but being nauesated my whole trip is not the way to go??? Please advise ???

New York
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancer

I don't know anything about narcotics/controlled substance laws in Iceland. HOWEVER, do not take marijuana with you . No, non, nej, nicht. It is not clearly legal to travel through United States customs with it (rx or no). Certainly don't hide it. Get your doctor to prescribe you some internationally legal anti-nausea meds (maybe not better than mj, but better than detention: phenergan, zofran, compazine, etc.)

San Bernardino, CA
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancer

This is a big NO NO. It may be legal in Hawaii, but you'll have to change planes somewhere on the mainland and 75% of the states in the US don't accept medical MJ as valid. And then their is US Customs. I saw a guy in a similar situation get pushed to the floor and handcuffed. It is just not worth it, if you want to travel you're better off for this occasion to get the doctor to prescribe something uniformly legal. I certainly can feel for you but its just not worth the headache this will cause.